Handling of Personal Information
Personal information refers to the following information that can be used and collated for the identification of specific individuals. Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, gender, date of birth, occupation, IDs assigned to individuals, passwords, etc., and other information that cannot identify an individual on its own but that can be readily collated with other information and thereby identify a specific individual.
Collection of Personal Information and Purpose of Use
For the collection of personal information, our general rule is for the voluntary supply of information by customers, and we will not collect customers’ personal information without their permission. Further, we will use the personal information supplied by customers within the scope of the following purposes:
- to deliver the content ordered by the customer;
- to deliver materials and catalogues requested by the customer;
- to respond to comments and requests made by the customer;
- to distribute e-newsletters;
- to develop and improve contents and deliver services that are attractive and of value to customers; and
- for when a need arises to come into contact with customers for some other reason.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose the personal information supplied by customers to any third party except in any of the following cases:
- when we have received the customer’s consent;
- when disclosing it in a state in which the individual customer cannot be identified;
- when disclosing personal information to an affiliated company, etc. to the extent necessary (in such cases, we will take measures such as making a confidentiality agreement);
- when it is determined to be necessary under law;
- when we determine that the customer will bring disadvantage to a third party; and
- when it is believed to be necessary in the interest of the customer or the public interest.
Control of Personal Information
Customers’ personal information is controlled in a secure environment that cannot be accessed by third parties. We have put systems in place to ensure that there will be no leaks, destruction, falsification, etc. of data.
Checks, Correction, and Deletion of Personal Information
Customers who wish to view, correct, or delete personal information that they have supplied to us are asked to contact us from the inquiry page on the website. To prevent leaks of personal information, we will only disclose, correct, or delete a customer’s personal information if we are able to confirm that the inquiry has been made by that customer.
Confirmation and Cautions
When customers disclose personal information voluntarily when using noticeboards, etc., there is a risk that such information will be collected and used by other users. Please communicate your information at your own responsibility and exercise due caution in the handling of your information. In addition, third-party websites, services, and companies and other organizations offering prizes or conducting sales promotion activities that can be accessed from the Company’s website or the websites of our affiliated companies have their own codes or regulations concerning privacy that are separate from those of the Company and our affiliated companies. The Company accepts no obligations or responsibilities whatsoever concerning the supply of personal information by customers themselves to such companies or websites.